Poverty- What Causes Poverty? And How To Prevent Poverty?
If you are African or from any third-world country then you are no stranger to the term “poverty.” According to Wikipedia poverty is general scarcity or death, or the state of one who lacks a certain amount of material possessions or money.
Poverty is the state for the majority of the world’s people and nations because almost half the world – over 3 billion people – live on less that $2.50 a day, Sad. About 21,000 people die every day of hunger or hunger-related causes, according to the United Nations. This is one person every four seconds. Sadly, it is children who die the most.
Here are a few ways of how to avoid poverty.
If everyone wants to be financially successful and avoid poverty, then why isn’t everyone wealthy?
The answer isn’t a simple one. Of course, there are circumstantial reasons, like living in an area where there’s too much competition for jobs, having no mentors, and not having access to a good education. Of course, institutional racism and sexism exist, and as they say, it does take money to create money.
But sometimes, poverty and being poor is a state of mind. Sometimes, poverty seeps into your brain and takes over. I have made this list to help show some of the destructive behaviors, mistakes, and ideologies that people fall into that may keep them from achieving success and stay in gulped in poverty.
- Poverty can be avoided if people are able to manage their state: By “state” I mean your physiological and emotional state. Simply put, this is how you feel in the moment. You can be the most talented person in the world, but if you are in a disempowered emotional state you cant achieve anything.
- Avoid Setting impotent goals to prevent poverty: The reason most people are poverty stricken is not because they set their goals too high and therefore miss them, it’s because they set their goals too low and hit them. If your goals are low and you keep hitting them, then you need to raise your standards and ambitions. You need to have a continuing dedication to going further than those around you. Don’t set your goals for average because average sucks.
- Poverty can be avoided if only people could not have limiting beliefs about Life and Money: Poor people believe that they are creatures of circumstances and poverty is their fate. Because of this, life happens to them. 1) Avoid the blame game. 2) Don’t justify the situation to yourself or to those around you. 3) Don’t complain, if you complain you attract and move towards a negative reality.
- Poor people choose bad mentors: People stuck in poverty are quick to offer advice. The scary thing is that most of them haven’t achieved anything. Be careful with who you pick as your mentor. Don’t pick the unshaven guy on the side of the road wearing the dirty sweat pants, and don’t choose the guy whose decisions violate your ethics.
- Poverty stricken people are controlled by fear: Fear is a natural component of this world. If the path to success were clear-cut and infallible, then everyone would be wealthy. Remember, poverty can be avoided if people would embrace their fear and let it motivate them.
- Poverty is inevitable if you are lousy at business: If you don’t have any business experience, its nothing to be ashamed of. No one is born with business skills. Someone has to teach you the right ropes. That is why you must be careful when choosing your mentor.